Compativility with mod blocks?

Discussion in 'WorldEdit' started by muniategui, Aug 5, 2017.

1. muniategui

muniategui New Member

I'm using world edit Sponge version. Currently is buged /regen (which i have already reported) however, i would like to know if there is any way to use mod blocks (like industrial craft blocks) with world edit forexample to create a //walls or //set, i've tryed with ic2:block_name, industrialcraft2:block_name or IndustrialCraft:block_name, also with the number of the block is not working (throws java exception can't have block id above 4095). So my question is if with forge edition of worldedit or with the sponge one, there is any way to add compativility (of if i'm doing wrong something which is my mistake) in order to use world edit with blocks from mods.

2. wizjany

wizjany Administrator Developer

if you are using an id >4095, it's not a block but an item. you need to use the block id.

as for names, worldedit will find the name if you get it correct.
  3. muniategui

muniategui New Member

so i should use something like //set ic2:wall for example (that is a wall and is above 4096 :S) but when i write ic2:wall or just wall unknown data value 'wall' is returned on chat (same for diferents blocks such iron fence (ic2:fence) with #4165 and that for all ic2 items :S
  4. wizjany

like i said you need block ids not item ids.
  5. muniategui

muniategui New Member

even if u are able to place them in the world like machines they are not considered as blocks ? because also for example the rainforced door has 4171 as id which is superius to a block id
  6. wizjany

they should have a different id when they are in the world, that would be the block id.
  7. muniategui

muniategui New Member

8. wizjany

the block name is ic2:te, which i'm assuming ic2 re-uses for all its tile entity blocks.
    4159:44 is the item id
    if you want the block id try the //info tool.
  9. muniategui

muniategui New Member

10. wizjany

yes that's what i said, they re-use block ids. all the metadata is likely stored in NBT, which you can't //set directly. however you should be able to copy paste a placed block to make more.
  11. muniategui

muniategui New Member

if i copy them and use the clipboard i'm getting also the errorblock, will try with other mods to check it because i've lose fait to be able to do it with ic2 :p thanks for your help