Custom Selection

Discussion in 'WorldEdit' started by harm27, Aug 29, 2017.

1. harm27

harm27 New Member

I am looking for a good solution to get a custom worldedit selection working and then inject it to worldguard region.
    I am looking for a way to select the inside of a building so that i can let my visitors have the option to change the inside, but not the outside walls and roof.
    But since the buildings are not always cuboid or similar, i don't know a way to do the best selection to get all the inside space.
    Is their a WorldEdit feature that i missed that can do it?
    Or do i need to code a plugin myself that hooks with WorldEdit where i can custom add blocks to a selection?

Harm (Harm27)
  2. wizjany

wizjany Administrator Developer

that's not really possible.
    also even if you modified worledit to allow it, you'd also have to modify worldguard as well, since it uses different things for its regions.
  3. harm27

harm27 New Member

But also not with combining multiple poly's on top of each other at least one block?
    Or would i need to structure it based on multiple selections and regions?
    Or is there another type to make those weird selections?
  4. wizjany

i'm not sure what you're asking.
    you could do it with multiple different regions, but you cannot do it with one region.
  5. harm27

harm27 New Member

Okay, my situation is houses like this example 1 or this example 2.
    I want to give my players the option to decorate the inside of the house, but not to destroy the outside walls and roof.
    Any idea how i could make that possible with an worldedit selection that i could inject to worldguard region?
    Or would multiple regions be the only solution?
  6. wizjany

what do you mean by "inject"?
    if you want to fork both projects and add support for completely new selection and region types, then yes you can do whatever you want.
    otherwise no.
  7. harm27

harm27 New Member

With Inject i mean like how normally a worldedit selection is used to build a new region.
    Is a multiple regions the best solution then?
    Without editing worldedit and worldguard for adding new selection modes, that would solve that problem?
  8. wizjany

it would create more problems in my opinion, but you seem really determined to do this your way.
  9. harm27

harm27 New Member

The problem is that i need a way to give my players a way to change the interior but not the exterior.
    The most important thing for me is that i find a good working solution to solve that problem.

Do you know a solution to solve that problem?
    Because this is just my first idea for this problem.
    If you know a good working solution for this problem, i would really like to hear it.
    I don't have a problem with coding some things, since i already need to code some things related to this since i am the developer for the server that has this problem.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2017