Execute commands when member enters and exits a region.

Discussion in 'CommandHelper' started by Kiqkinas, May 4, 2017.

1. Kiqkinas

Kiqkinas New Member

Before I install CommandHelper I'd like to know if this is possible.

I have created a new region with members where we will be building a game.

When members enter the region, I want to add them to a Permission group so they have access to World Edit and creative mode. When they leave the region, I want to remove them from that group so the permissions are removed.

Is this doable?
  2. PseudoKnight

PseudoKnight Well-Known Member

It's doable, but not recommended. WorldEdit allows you to edit things anywhere in the world. In order to restrict to regions, you need to install additional plugins (eg. AsyncWorldEdit + BlocksHub, Fast Async WorldEdit, PlotMe), but those usually only allow you to restrict to regions in which you can build, not arbitrary regions.
  3. Kiqkinas

Kiqkinas New Member

Thank you for your response. I'll look into these plugins.

I found this posting which shows a script to do something similar to what I'm asking.
    http://forum.enginehub.org/threads/command-on-region-entry.9091/#post-15675

I'm not clear on why is this a bad idea? By the way, these would be members that I already know and trust. I just don't want them to have these permissions outside the region.
  4. PseudoKnight

PseudoKnight Well-Known Member

WorldEdit is not limited to regions. Enabling WorldEdit via permissions allows them to edit stuff ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, as long as they're just standing in the region. It's also very inefficient.