Mod/Plug-in Recommendation Please

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by RedBear47, Mar 16, 2014.

1. RedBear47

RedBear47 New Member

Looking for a little help as I am new to PC version of Minecraft. I have been looking for a way to be able to save and load groups of blocks such as a building or redstone circuit and came across WorldEdit. I noticed on the WorldEdit page that there were several platforms listed, some for server, some for single player, and some for other things. Of those listed for Single Player: WorldEditWrapper, XCommand, and SinglePlayerCommands, which is recommended? If I read correctly, it sounds like all of the WorldEdit features are embedded with each of them.
    Thanks for any advice you can provide.:)
  2. PseudoKnight

PseudoKnight Well-Known Member

Only Craftbukkit has direct support. Each mod's compatibility is up to that mod's developers. With SinglePlayerCommands, certain features sometimes don't work, but it's the most commonly used for singleplayer. However, it's a version behind. XCommand is way out-dated, so there's no reason to try that. WorldEditWrapper looks like it's worth giving a shot. It's created by the same guy who's maintaining the CUI, which is great.
    RedBear47 likes this.
  3. RedBear47

RedBear47 New Member

Thanks for the response. I appreciate it very much.
    Is Craftbukkit for single player or server?
  4. PseudoKnight

PseudoKnight Well-Known Member

Craftbukkit is a Minecraft server with an API for plugins like WorldEdit. You can run servers on the same computer, if you want. So if WorldEditWrapper doesn't work out for you, you could do that. An added benefit is that you could invite a friend to work on something with you. (assuming you can port forward) Running both a server and client is more resource intensive, though.
  5. RedBear47

RedBear47 New Member

Thanks again! There's always more to learn. B^)