NEED HELP IN SETTING SPAWN

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by Dhabeast, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Dhabeast

Dhabeast New Member

How to set spawn of different members in a region. using world guard
  2. PseudoKnight

PseudoKnight Well-Known Member

You can only set one spawn point per region, but you can specify which regions groups it applies to. For two different spawn points, you need two regions.
  3. fahlur

fahlur New Member

You can be sneaky and add multiple over each other however. like (spawn1, spawn2)
  4. MeSoLost

MeSoLost New Member

if you use the multiple region thing then I'd recommend you set your main spawn region to a priority of 100 and make the other regions children of that region so that all the settings that aren't explicitly set for the alternate regions are taken from it's parent. This will allow you to set the spawn in each region yet if you change a policy for the region area as a whole, example PVP:deny, it will then apply for all regions when set on the main parent region.
  5. PseudoKnight

That shouldn't matter in most cases since they'd be overlapping. Incidentally I've never had to use parents in 5 years of using WorldGuard. It'd be pretty good for flag templating, though.
  6. MeSoLost

MeSoLost New Member

well in a redstone server i help manage we have a protected spawn and then small regions where you can place signs for suggestions and comments and i had a heck of a time finding the add group stuff and setting priority overrides and just to make things easier I set all the buildable regions as a child of one of the buildable regions so that we need only change one region to effect groups/permissions for all the regions which is why i suggested this method to ensure easy setting between all regions and compatibility with a changing environment (potentially) otherwise i'd just make a single region and use CH to decide where to put you on command use (your own /spawn alias as I've done)
  7. PseudoKnight

That is what I meant by "templating". :) It's not necessary, but it can remove busy work applying lots of flags to a great many non-adjacent regions.