Need help tracking down an error

Discussion in 'CommandHelper' started by malon, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:19 PM.

1. malon

malon Member

I've been checking through all my code that involves any kind of projectile_hit but I can't seem to figure out where this error is coming from.

Every time an arrow lands, a null exception occurs in console.

How can I track down where this error is stemming from?

https://www.hastebin.com/erirobumim.vbs
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 12:55 PM
  2. PseudoKnight

PseudoKnight Well-Known Member

That's odd. TriggerExternal() is passing CH's MCProjectileHitEvent to an extension, but ... i don't know... can't find the extension it found earlier? This is currently the only event that still uses TriggerExternal() but it shouldn't error like that. I should just remove it. Do you use CHExodius?
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 7:45 PM
  3. malon

malon Member

chadvanced, chspigot, chvault, chworldguard

Those are the 4 extensions I use

Edit:
    I removed the chadvanced extension and the error is now gone. Would this have something to do with the integration of server_command into core? (i forgot to remove the extension)
  4. PseudoKnight

PseudoKnight Well-Known Member

This can't happen anymore in the latest build. This system was due to be removed anyway. Though how it happened in the first place is odd and might have other implications. I haven't spent the time to really explore and fully understand this part of CH.

I tested the new server_command with CHAdvanced installed and had no issues. I'm not sure how it could cross-contaminate another TriggerExternal(), (maybe it has something to do with extension caching?) but I guess it's a good thing that that was deprecated a long time ago.