New Website!

Discussion in 'CommandHelper' started by LadyCailin, Dec 13, 2017.

1. LadyCailin

LadyCailin Administrator Developer

I have been working on a new website for a bit now, methodscript.com. It is not complete, but where information *is* on the website, it is the most accurate and up to date version. There are still a number of important pages that can only be found on the wiki, but I am trying to update the website as soon as I can to fully migrate all the info over. The function API is complete, however.

http://methodscript.com/

There are still a number of known issues on the pages, so I'm not accepting bug reports yet, but as soon as I think it's done, I'd appreciate feedback on the content. You can also give me feedback on the layout/css/design now as well, as that is basically finished.
  2. PseudoKnight

PseudoKnight Well-Known Member Developer

Some CSS thoughts on usability.

BODY { font-size: 85%; color:#353535; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; }

There needs be an increase in contrast in general and these changes have enormously better readability on my computer. It doesn't need to be exactly these, but they represent issues I have with the current font style. It might be somewhat related to my OS and displays.

TABLE TD { padding: 0.5em; }
    TABLE TH { color: #333; padding: 0.5em }
    HR { margin: 0.5em;}

We don't need as much padding here. The API reference can be more compact.

P { margin: 0 0 0.5em 0; }

The 2em bottom margin on paragraphs is too much. Use 0.5 - 1em.

I also think while the width is fine on prose style pages, the API page could use full width. eg 95% on .container, for example

Maybe you have other plans and this is why the start page is so awkward, but Methodscript.com home should really default to the latest version, while in the future offering a link to older versions. Instead of Docs in the top bar, since that would be redundant, you could have convenience links to the API and Event API reference pages.
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  3. VergilPrime

VergilPrime New Member

Ooohh! I am excite!