Noob with error

Discussion in 'Launcher' started by KC3JML, Sep 1, 2017.

1. KC3JML

KC3JML New Member

I am completely new to this, and I got this error when trying to use the launcher.

Code (Text):
    To report this error, please provide:

java.io.IOException: The list of modpacks could not be downloaded.
        at com.skcraft.launcher.InstanceList$Enumerator.call(InstanceList.java:191)
        at com.skcraft.launcher.InstanceList$Enumerator.call(InstanceList.java:102)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    Caused by: com.fasterxml.jackson.core.JsonParseException: Unexpected character ('<' (code 60)): expected a valid value (number, String, array, object, 'true', 'false' or 'null')
    at [Source: [email protected]; line: 1, column: 2]
        at com.fasterxml.jackson.core.JsonParser._constructError(JsonParser.java:1524)
        at com.fasterxml.jackson.core.base.ParserMinimalBase._reportError(ParserMinimalBase.java:557)
        at com.fasterxml.jackson.core.base.ParserMinimalBase._reportUnexpectedChar(ParserMinimalBase.java:475)
        at com.fasterxml.jackson.core.json.ReaderBasedJsonParser._handleOddValue(ReaderBasedJsonParser.java:1415)
        at com.fasterxml.jackson.core.json.ReaderBasedJsonParser.nextToken(ReaderBasedJsonParser.java:679)
        at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper._initForReading(ObjectMapper.java:3024)
        at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper._readMapAndClose(ObjectMapper.java:2971)
        at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper.readValue(ObjectMapper.java:2091)
        at com.skcraft.launcher.util.HttpRequest$BufferedResponse.asJson(HttpRequest.java:461)
        at com.skcraft.launcher.InstanceList$Enumerator.call(InstanceList.java:141)
        ... 5 more

Please Help!

Thanks,
    Jack
  2. wizjany

wizjany Administrator Developer

looks like you're trying to use the php page for your packages but it's returning the html instead of json
  3. KC3JML

KC3JML New Member

How do I fix it? (BTW, not using OpenShift because it makes you have a required github repository, using InfinityFree)
    jackpack.rf.gd/packages.php
  4. wizjany

wizjany Administrator Developer

that site seems to use some JS to redirect users to the actual content. https://i.imgur.com/pAzHcpG.png
    since the launcher isn't a real browser per se, it doesn't work well...
  5. KC3JML

KC3JML New Member

What is the easiest way to fix this?