Permissions for Multiple Homes

Discussion in 'CommandBook' started by TimT, Sep 7, 2014.

1. TimT

TimT New Member

I have a permissions group with the following permissions:
    Code (Text):
    commandbook.locations.home: true
    commandbook.home.teleport: true
    commandbook.home.set: true
    commandbook.home.info: true
    commandbook.home.remove: true
    commandbook.home.list: true
    The regular /sethome command works fine. When a player in that group attempts to do /sethome <home name> it gives a 'you do not have permission to do this command' error.

What permission node do I need to include in order to get this working correctly? Thanks.
  2. PseudoKnight

PseudoKnight Well-Known Member

That's not a feature of homes. When using one argument after /sethome, it tries to set the home for the specified player.
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  3. TimT

TimT New Member

Thanks.

I think my confusion came from misreading the wiki where it says /sethome <location> <owner> Creates a home at specified location for given player name, I interpreted that to mean <location name> like it does for /setwarp <location> but you're telling me it's actually referring to location coordinates.

Therefore, as OP, I'm able to create multiple homes with different location 'names.' But, in reality, I'm creating multiple homes for multiple users who just happen to not be on my server?

Am I correct?

So, if I gave the permission group the ability to set homes for others, they'd essentially have the ability to set multiple homes. The bad part about this is that they may purposely set another player's home in order to grief or mess with that player.

If I'm understanding this correctly, should I give the group the permission to create and delete their own warps instead? Is this your understanding too?

I'm still a little confused as to why the /sethome <location> doesn't work the same as /setwarp <location>.
  4. PseudoKnight

PseudoKnight Well-Known Member

Warps would be more suited to it, yes. But they'd be able to override warp locations by the same name. It'd be the same if you used homes, but annoying if you wanted to use /home correctly and someone changed it to be in a trap or something.

/setwarp <location> does not exist. It's /setwarp <name> [location].
  5. TimT

TimT New Member

Ah, you're correct. I see it now.

Is the following mention of named homes simply incorrect?
    http://forum.enginehub.org/threads/homes-list-homes-command.750/

Thank you for your time and for your patience.

EDIT: I found this:
    http://youtrack.sk89q.com/issue/CMDBOOK-2114

So, as of May 2014, it appears the named homes has not been implemented.
  6. Dark_Arc

Dark_Arc New Member Developer

Ya, I've yet to write multiple homes support, though it's closer to being practical. However, due to the recent Bukkit drama, CommandBook may slow down until a new platform is chosen/Sponge API becomes usable.