Regeneration only works on small areas/regions

Discussion in 'WorldEdit' started by Harl Windwolf, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Harl Windwolf

Harl Windwolf New Member

Hey.
    For some reason, when I use the //regen command on a region larger than about 10x10x10 blocks (even inside a single chunk), I do get the message saying that it was regenerated, however the blocks inside it don't actually regenerate, they don't change, not even after rejoining or completeley restarting the server.

Fluids get removed, monsters etc freeze and become untargetable, sounds play that indicate blocks getting placed, and light sources temporarily lose their animation (though they continue to light their surroundings).
    As far as I can tell, nothing else happens, though.

The world is fairly old, but I'm 100% sure it was initially generated by the game (CraftBukkit, I think it was 1.4.7 at the time) so not by any manual means, and it should be obvious that we're not going to abandon it either way.

Edit: I neglected to mention that using the command never causes any error or warning messages and no other feedback either (on the server console), whether regeneration was successful or not.

Edit 2: I ended up filling the whole thing with stone, then forming & deforming it a few times and partially naturalizing it, and may I add that worked pretty well altogether. I might even try this on an even larger scale to get rid of one of those ridiculously huge oceans.

Hopefully you can give me a hint as to why it would regenerate small regions but not the larger ones?
    As far as I can see, it should work. The versions are a match (1.13) and nothing's in the way (WG).
    ~~~~
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  2. PseudoKnight

PseudoKnight Well-Known Member Developer

Regen was broken in 1.13.1 months ago. It was actually just fixed 4 days ago in Spigot (I haven't tested it). However, it should be noted that its use is discouraged. We can no longer depend on an expected result. So what you get is what you get. If snapshots are working again, that could be a good alternative.
    Harl Windwolf likes this.
  3. Harl Windwolf

Harl Windwolf New Member

Aah. Thanks for clearing that up!
    So there wasn't much I could do about it anyway, and we'll just have to wait until we can update (depends on a couple of other plugins and circumstances) before trying to regenerate some older or heavily jointed regions again.
    Cheers!
    ~~~~