Server Crashed

Discussion in 'WorldEdit' started by Gamica, Jun 13, 2018 at 10:08 AM.

1. Gamica

Gamica New Member

My server is purchased from NetherBox
    I used a schematic which was big on my server the it lagged for a few minutes and i got the message (Timed Out)
    ans in my servers list in minecraft it says pinging... and after some seconds
    Can't connect to host server
    So i tried restarting my server and when i checked in the log i found that error
    [12:46:05 WARN]: **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
    >[2K
    [12:46:05 WARN]: The exception was: io.netty.channel.unix.Errors$NativeIoException: bind(..) failed: Address already in use
    >[2K
    [12:46:05 WARN]: Perhaps a server is already running on that port?
    >[2K
    It thinks that my server is some sort of opened in that port which makes the pinging message clear that the server is online....
    What should i do !?!??!
  2. PseudoKnight

PseudoKnight Well-Known Member Developer

Pasting something gigantic will do one of two things: it will freeze the server until it can finish the job, or it'll crash if it has insufficient memory. You should avoid gigantic schematics if you can, but if you do paste one you should wait until it's complete if you can (or it crashes).

If you need to paste something gigantic, there are some safer approaches, like splitting up the schematic into smaller pieces, using MCEdit to paste the schematic offline, or using a separate plugin like FAWE to avoid blocking the main thread for too long.
  3. PseudoKnight

PseudoKnight Well-Known Member Developer

Presumably you've fixed the restart issue by now, but your inability to restart the server has a lot to do with what wrapper/panel you're using. I don't know if you have the ability to force stop it or not. You can just wait for it to be complete. If you somehow no longer have access to the live process, then you could just pop into the server and shut it down from there. Then you could start it from your panel again.
  4. Gamica

Gamica New Member

Alright but my access to the server is just a website with a console i dont have full control over it.
    Is there is any command other than /stop that could work