Unsupported major.minor version

Discussion in 'WorldGuard' started by Jojo4, May 16, 2018.

1. Jojo4

Jojo4 New Member

Hey :) I have a problem with compiling a custom worldguard project using gradlew.

I'm using Java 6 and this causes an "Unsupported major.minor version" 51.0/52.0 on several dependecies. It works of cause with Java 8 but this causes an UnsupportedClassVersionError at runtime on my thermos server because I need the server to run on jre 6 or 7. I know that the official worldguard plugin has no problems with these versions and I don't understand why I can't compile with jdk 6 nor 7. Am I doing something wrong? :(
  2. PseudoKnight

PseudoKnight Well-Known Member Developer

WorldGuard builds on Java 8 as of Sep 16, 2017 for MC 1.12. But as far as I'm aware, the newest builds don't even support MC versions prior to 1.12. So, if you want something for MC 1.7.10, you can go back several commits -- probably this one.
  3. Jojo4

Jojo4 New Member

Thank you for your quick answer and i haven't considered this.

But now I have another question and excuse me if this one is a bit stupid:
    How do I edit the source code of this build (is extracting the right way?) and how do I compile it into a working plugin?
  4. PseudoKnight

PseudoKnight Well-Known Member Developer

If you need to edit the source, clone the github repo, branch from the specified commit, make your changes, then compile using gradle.
  5. Jojo4

Jojo4 New Member

I'm sorry but i'm new to github and branch stuff. What does it mean and how do i do that?

EDIT: No need to answer me. I have figured it out by my self :)
    Thanks to You
    Last edited: May 18, 2018