WorldEdit selections can't stack diagonally anymore? (x,y)

Discussion in 'WorldEdit' started by retrothrust, Oct 1, 2018.

1. retrothrust

retrothrust New Member

I used to be able to stack selections at 45 degree angles, which I found out accidentally, but I got a new computer, reinstalled everything, and must have found a different version of worldedit because it won't recognize direction north_west etc. when I try to stack. Now I can't find anything online mentioning the ability to do so; even the WIKI says you can only go north south east and west. I used it over and over so I'm quite sure I'm not imagining things. I never typed it in, I would just look in that direction and if I was closer to 45 degrees than 90 it would stack the cuboids horizontally corner to corner. When I tried it on the new machine it responded "unknown direction north_west" which I didn't even type, so part of it knows I was looking diagonally. Has anyone else had this ability before? Was it only on a specific version, or a certain version and forward? I even looked in the config file and couldn't find anything. Perhaps there was another mod that added features to worldedit.
  2. PseudoKnight

PseudoKnight Well-Known Member Developer

You might have been using a different plugin like FAWE. I don't remember the ability to stack diagonally, but I've never tried it.
  3. PseudoKnight

I looked at it and WorldEdit never had diagonal stacking, but I suppose it could be added, using the shortest width on the cuboid to calculate the distance. I suppose the only concern is that players would have to be more precise when using their yaw to specify the direction, or it could be locked to four cardinal directions with that method. I don't see this request on the tracker, so you could submit it.

https://dev.enginehub.org/youtrack/issues/WORLDEDIT
  4. retrothrust

retrothrust New Member

I found a video of this guy using it at 3:23 , not sure if you can confirm it's fawe or not

5. PseudoKnight

Fair enough. I didn't look 6 years back in the code, only 4-5 years. lol
  6. PseudoKnight

7. retrothrust

retrothrust New Member

I've never used them but I know there are ways to rotate and maybe stretch a selection on any axis. Is there a way to emulate it using a more complicated command? If not I'm just doing small scale things so doing it selection by selection won't take too long.
  8. PseudoKnight

You can modify a selection with //expand, //contract, //outset, //inset, and //shift.
  9. retrothrust

retrothrust New Member

I Guess I meant the clipboard, not the selection; the selected. Is there a more complicated way of stacking copied cuboids corner to corner?
  10. PseudoKnight

Maybe? But I can't think of anything that would be easier that just copying it to the clipboard and then pasting over and over. Diagonal stacks should just be fixed.
  11. me4502

me4502 Moderator Developer

I've just pushed a change which will partially fix this - it needs more testing though as I think diagonal transforms are broken in other places too.