Worldguard help with entry flag

Discussion in 'WorldGuard' started by GranpaGamer, Dec 7, 2017.

1. GranpaGamer

GranpaGamer New Member

I know this has been posted before and I have tried all of the steps others has posted but still not working.
    I am trying to set a region that only a certain permission group can enter.

This is the steps Ive tried:
    /rg define <region>
    /rg flag <region> entry deny
    /rg addmember <region> g:<permgroup>
    /rg flag <region> entry -g nonmembers

After trying this several times it allows all groups to enter region. If I remove member then it denies access to all. Im running Worldguard version 6.2.1 and Worldedit version 6.7.1.3 all the latest version. Ive been trying for almost 2 days to do this. Any help will be appreciated. This is screenshot of region info with member set and every group can enter.

did /wg report -p
    http://paste.enginehub.org/ZqkpP9.report
  2. wizjany

wizjany Administrator Developer

are you sure it's detecting your groups correctly? if you add a player's name instead of a group, does it work for the player?

also i don't remember the exact behavior of the flag command, but you may need to set both the flag and group flag together, i.e. /rg flag <rg> entry -g nonmembers deny
  3. GranpaGamer

GranpaGamer New Member

Havent tried setting player but will try tomorrow. Have tried that flag and still don't work.

EDIT: Ok tried adding player as member . I can get it to work with groups but I have to remove the inheritance from next rank. I dont think theres a way to fix this but am hopeing someone can figure it out. Ive also noticed that I am unable to build in an Areashop region thats inside another region. Would really like to have this fixed.
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  4. PseudoKnight

PseudoKnight Well-Known Member

No. That's how inheritance does and should work. You can assign players to multiple groups if you need both behaviors. Or if you're using group.groupname permissions, you can negate those.

If you're already a member of the Areashop region, then set the priority of the region higher than the surrounding region.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017